Wednesday 2 January 2013

Granny's Kountry Candles Haul



Hi ! 
Today I received a huuuge haul from a vendor I never tried but heard such good things about !
The reason why I placed such a big order,even though I usually like to try only a few things to see how is the wax, is that she offers free shipping over $25 even for Canadian orders if shipping doesn't go over $15.
Can you believe I got all of that for $25 ? It's crazy right !
Her Soy ScentShots are $0.65 for the first one and $.50 if you order two or more of the same scent ! They're about 1.5 oz each 
Such an awesome deal, I couldn't believe it !
I ended up paying $7 of shipping, but I mean have you seen the size of this order ? It came in an enormous box and it was packed really well ! 

The owner, Wendy, is SO sweet !! I had some concerns because she shipped my package via UPS and I was reading horror stories online about brokerage & customs fees being really high. I never pay customs fees when I get my packages from USPS so that got me really worried but she was very understanding and helpful.In the end there weren't any fees so everything ended well ! Shipping was crazy fast too, I got a shipping notification with a tracking number on December 20, I was supposed to receive it on December 27 but we had a huge snow storm, it was crazy ! We had 45 centimeters of snow, I even saw some people skiing on the streets as it was almost impossible to take your car or to walk ! So yea, my shipment was delayed and I finally received it today, January 2 !

I mostly got floral and fresh scents because I have sooo many bakery tarts already ! Also my mom always complains she feels like she's living in a cake shop lol ! She's not a fan of anything bakery or sweet !

So here's what I got : (Sorry I won't be able to do cold throw descriptions because the bags are sealed and once they're opened there's no way to close them again!!)

  • Best Friends 8 scent shots - A wonderful aromatic blend of boysenberries, elderberries, strawberries & guava with a down of soft vanilla
This is the main reason I wanted to order from GKC.As most of you probably know Country Home Scents recently closed their store and they were carrying my favorite scent ever, Butterfly Kisses.In a total panic, thinking that I wouldn't ever be able to melt this again I sent them a message asking if I could know the name of the oil used to make this tart(thinking I could always make them myself ha!)Kristina,the owner,kindly told me it was named Best Friends, so I went on a frenetic quest and finally found it on GCK website with the same scent description ! 

  • Cucumber & Melon 8 scent shotsA BBW duplicate!
  • Headache ReliefIt really works! A signature blend that's sure to fix what ails you.
  • Butterfly KissesA very soft powder with light floral overtone. A romantic unisex fragrance.
  • Domestic DivaPowdery notes on a bed of citrus.
  • HydrangeaSoft, pretty innocent scent.
  • Island MangoThis complex fragrance begins with fruity notes of mango, fresh strawberries, elderberries, and ripe papaya. This scent is completed with rich vanilla and toasted coconut with just a hint of soft musk.
  • Buttery VanillaButtery and smooth! Not your ordinary vanilla!

  • After GlowSexy & fun! A bit of musk on a great vanilla base with a touch of amber.
  • Bite MeThis one is SUPER strong! Very berry-ful!
  • Big Girl PantiesPull yours up and enjoy this citrus infused jasmine. Pure & simple
  • Tea RoseOur Fresh cut roses fragrance is the truest fresh cut rose on the market!
  • LilacSweet lilacs are in full bloom as their strong floral scent soothes your inner senses.
  • Cotton BritchesWrap yourself in the scent of freshly cleaned linens dried in the warm summer sun.
  • Cinnamon Bun - Cinnamon and sweet icing with warm nutty undertones.
  • Butt NakedA blend of fresh cantaloupes, cocoa butter & clean cucumber.
  • 3 Sheets to the WindA sparkling fresh fragrance
  • LovespellA VS inspired duplicate.
  • Fairy WhispersA GKC exclusive. Light, yet strong like the wings of a fairy.
  • Bedtime Bath - Soothing bedtime blend of mandarin, lavender and chamomile, neroli and lily of the valley
  • Sweet Pea 4 scent shots - An English garden reminiscent of hyacinth, lily of the valley, violets and wild jasmine with a background of light herbal and musky notes.
  • Cherry BlossomEnticing blooms of spring wildflowers are perfectly blended with succulent red cherries.
  • Butterfly KissesA very soft powder with light floral overtone. A romantic unisex fragrance
  • Fresh Bamboo (forgot to take picture) - Intoxicating, fresh & clean. Well balanced green spa fragrance
  • Baby Powder (forgot to take picture) - Just like the J&J original
 The rest of the tarts are freebies, can you believe she sent so many ?!  
  • Pearberry - A BBW duplicate.
  • 5:00 Somewhere - The perfect blend of rum, coconut & citrus
  • Butterfly Kisses - A very soft powder with light floral overtone. A romantic unisex fragrance
  • Cotton Britches - Wrap yourself in the scent of freshly cleaned linens dried in the warm summer sun.
  • A Roll in the Hay - Breathtakingly fun blast of fruit!
  • Duck Farts - As unique as the name implies! A truly fantastic blend of cream & cranberries with spicy hints of nutmeg and cloves.
  • Island Mango - This complex fragrance begins with fruity notes of mango, fresh strawberries, elderberries, and ripe papaya. This scent is completed with rich vanilla and toasted coconut with just a hint of soft musk.
  • Hydrangea - Soft, pretty innocent scent.
  • Domestic Diva - Powdery notes on a bed of citrus.
  • Raspberry Jam - Okay, this is THE raspberry to have! A true to life raspberry that is not fake or perfume like. Strong and powerful!
  • Cinnamon Bun - Cinnamon and sweet icing with warm nutty undertones.
  • Tea Rose - Our Fresh cut roses fragrance is the truest fresh cut rose on the market!

I'm really happy about this order and can't wait to start melting them but I'm going to let them cure for a week or two ! I will let you know for sure how I like them in an upcoming review !
About that, sorry I haven't done any yet, it's just that I ALWAYS forget to take pictures of the tart before I melt it and I feel a post without pictures is kind of boring so..

What's your favorite kind of scent ? 

Bakery, floral, musky, fruity, fresh ? 


Laurence xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment